Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions
- Smartphone (iPhone or Android smartphone)
- A Mercedes-Benz vehicle from one of the compatible model series
- The Mercedes me Adapter app (available free of charge from the Apple App Store or Google Play)
- Mercedes me Adapter (exclusively available from your authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer)
- Activation of the Mercedes me Adapter services by the Mercedes-Benz service partner after the customer presents a valid identification document and the registration certificate.
The Mercedes me Adapter consists of hardware and software. The hardware, i.e. the Mercedes me Adapter, is inserted into the diagnostic socket (so-called "OBD2 socket") of the vehicle and subsequently connects to the smartphone by Bluetooth®. In this way, it is possible to read out information from the vehicle. A range of safety, service and mobility functions can be used via the Mercedes me Adapter app, based on the read-out data.
The app is available free of charge from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Use of the Mercedes me Adapter is free of charge. The usual terms for calls to mobile or landline numbers apply when calling from the app. Fees may be incurred for downloading and data transfer, depending on the terms of the mobile-phone contract.
You can use the Compatibility Check to check whether it can be retrofitted to your vehicle.
The Mercedes me Adapter is available in the following countries:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, South Africa
Prerequisites for use of the Mercedes me Adapter:
The following data are transferred to the Daimler AG systems: vehicle identification number, mileage, fuel level, remaining time, remaining distance, workshop and service code, ignition status, control unit version number if applicable. Data transfer is necessary so that you or your co-users can receive details of the current vehicle status and suitable maintenance offers. Daimler AG does not use the transferred data to produce movement profiles. Location details (if available) are only transferred if you call Customer Support in the event of an accident or a breakdown. Personal data such as journey and refuelling lists are only saved on your smartphone and are not forwarded to the Daimler systems.
The data read out from your vehicle via the Mercedes me Adapter and information saved by you are not synchronised with the Mercedes me portal. You can view the data in the Mercedes me Adapter app.
A Mercedes me Adapter can be used in several compatible vehicles. To do this, the vehicle must be linked to your Mercedes me account by your authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer. It must be reactivated after plugging it into a different vehicle.
Yes, you can use your Mercedes me user account for the Mercedes me Adapter.
We take data protection into account when designing the networked services. Right from the start, we pay the highest level of attention to data protection during development of the systems and services.
The car of the future is increasingly becoming a digital companion, which means that we must ensure data security as well as road safety and operating safety.
Daimler AG does not produce movement profiles with Mercedes me services. We comply with all applicable laws on data protection, and even governmental authorities can only access the data within the bounds of the law.
Furthermore, Daimler has a "Corporate Policy for Data Protection for Data of Customers & Partners" to regulate the processing of personal data, which is based on globally accepted basic principles and ensures a uniform and globally valid data protection and data security standard.
Mercedes me services involve the acquisition of personal data as well as the generation of personal data. This happens on the basis of contractual arrangements or customer consent. The acquired data are saved in encrypted form. Furthermore, the customer can deactivate their Mercedes me Adapter services at any time.
We use technical and organisational security measures in order to protect user's data against manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorised parties. The security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available.
The Mercedes me Adapter is an accessory that has been tested and approved by Daimler AG (e.g. in crash tests and tests for electromagnetic compatibility). It offers you the highest security standard compared with non-MB products. There is therefore no risk of vehicle damage and loss of warranty as a result of using the Adapter.
The Mercedes me Adapter enables many model series manufactured in 2002 or later to become an integral part of the Mercedes me networked world. The Mercedes me Adapter means that this is now also possible for as yet unconnected vehicles.
You can obtain the Mercedes me Adapter exclusively from your Mercedes-Benz service partner – the associated app is available free of charge from the Apple App Store and Google Play. Furthermore, the Adapter's functions and services are being extended all the time and adapted to the needs and wishes associated with a sophisticated, networked driving experience.
Questions about the Mercedes me Adapter app
Questions about the Mercedes me Adapter app
- Apple: iPhone 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus; operating system version iOS 8.4 or later
- Android: operating system version 4.4.2 or later
The app is available free of charge from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
The app is available for the following smartphones:
Smartphones with root access or jail-broken smartphones are not supported for security reasons.
After installing the Mercedes me Adapter app, you can already use a few limited functions. To use all of the app's functions, you must obtain and activate an Adapter. To do this, please consult a participating authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer.
Each time a journey ends, a data package is sent to the Daimler AG systems. These data packages are not very large. They amount to no more than a few MB per month.
Firstly, ensure that the Bluetooth® pairing with the Mercedes me Adapter was successful and that your smartphone is connected with the Adapter MB-xxxx. Your smartphone's Bluetooth® function must be activated for this. The Mercedes me Adapter must be within range. Furthermore, an Internet connection is required for the activation process. Should you nevertheless encounter problems when attempting to start the app, please contact Customer Support.
If the Mercedes me Adapter has been unplugged, reactivation will be necessary. If you have uninstalled the app or are now using it on a different smartphone, reactivation will likewise be necessary.
If one or more journeys cannot be combined, this may be because there are gaps between these journeys. Two journeys can only be combined if the total mileage at the end of a recorded journey corresponds to the total mileage at the start of the subsequent journey. Furthermore, it is not possible to combine private journeys with business journeys.
No, combined journeys can no longer be broken back down into individual journeys.
The CSV file (exportable using the "My Journeys" function) may contain gaps and is therefore not a legally valid logbook. However, the table can be used as the basis for a logbook.
Firstly, check the app settings. Here you can define whether and for which functions the app is allowed to determine your location. Location capture should be activated for the "Parking & Locating", "Refuelling" and "My Journeys" functions. Furthermore, the location identification function on the smartphone can be deactivated altogether or just for this app.
Another possible reason for the missing indications: at the start or end of the journey, you stopped at a location where location identification was not possible, e.g. in an underground garage.
If the vehicle is moved without the Mercedes me Adapter plugged in, or if there is no connection with the smartphone, e.g. if Bluetooth® has been deactivated, no journeys are recorded. This can cause gaps in the list of recorded journeys.
If your vehicle is running on the reserve fuel supply, it is no longer possible to determine the exact fuel level. In this case, it is therefore important to enter the refuelling amount manually.
If refuelling is added manually, the entered location is not shown on the map because not only addresses can be entered in the location field. You can also enter "journey to work" here, for example.
The Mercedes me Adapter app is the only app for using with the Mercedes me Adapter. Other Mercedes me apps concern already networked vehicles and are not compatible with the Adapter. The apps have a broadly similar range of functions (e.g. the display of vehicle data or the function for relocating the parked vehicle); however, the Mercedes me Adapter app also includes the "My Journeys" (automatic journey list) and "Refuelling" (automatic refuelling list) functions. Some of the functions offered by other Mercedes me apps, e.g. opening/closing of doors via the app, are not available in the Mercedes me Adapter app. The general difference between the Mercedes me Adapter and the networked Mercedes me connect vehicles is that the Adapter communicates with the smartphone via Bluetooth® and does not use its own SIM card. If the vehicle ignition is switched off, the Adapter is not active, meaning that Remote Services such as opening and closing of the doors or programming of the auxiliary heating are not possible.
When driving abroad, the Adapter can be used without restrictions if data roaming is activated, i.e. the usual costs for data roaming will apply. However, the Adapter can also be used without an Internet connection, although in this case there may be restrictions, e.g. it may not be possible to translate the GPS coordinates into address data.
On iPhones, this notification appears every time a Bluetooth device wishes to communicate with the smartphone (hands-free systems are an exception). If the app is already active on the phone (in the foreground or background), the Adapter will establish a connection even if this notification has not been confirmed. However, if the app has been actively ended beforehand (e.g. by "swiping out") or the phone has been restarted, this query must be confirmed so that it is possible to call up the app and establish communication with the Adapter. This is required to ensure that the journeys are recorded regularly.
To enable detection of preferences and further development of the app, we evaluate app usage data (using Adobe Marketing Cloud). In this way, the app can be better adapted and improved to meet the needs of users. If it is not wished to save and evaluate information about app usage, this function can be deactivated and reactivated under App Settings > Usage Data Acquisition.
Questions about the Mercedes me Adapter.
Questions about the Mercedes me Adapter.
- the functions of vehicle systems are not impaired
- the starter battery cannot become discharged,
- no emission monitoring information is reset
The Mercedes me Adapter is only compatible with the approved Mercedes-Benz model series.
The Mercedes me Adapter app only works with the Mercedes me Adapter.
Please consult your participating Mercedes-Benz service partner and ask about the Mercedes me Adapter.
The Mercedes me Adapter is an accessory that has been tested and approved by Daimler AG (e.g. in crash tests and tests for electromagnetic compatibility) for the compatible model series. Connecting the Mercedes me Adapter to the diagnostic socket (so-called 'OBD2 socket') always guarantees the following:
The box which your Mercedes me Adapter comes in also contains a supplement to your Owner's Manual. Please add this supplement to your Owner's Manual.
To enable use of the Mercedes me Adapter, the Mercedes me Adapter app must be installed on your smartphone, and you must have activated the Adapter.
Yes, that is possible. However, make sure that the vehicle's ignition is switched off.
You can only obtain the Mercedes me Adapter from a participating authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer.
Please reactivate the Mercedes me Adapter. The activation process is a shortened process, and you can start using your Adapter as usual again quickly.
The Mercedes me Adapter is a retrofit part tested and approved by Daimler AG for the compatible model series. A raft of technical and organizational measures have been implemented to protect against tampering and access by unauthorised parties. These include the fact that your vehicle is linked to your Mercedes me user account by your preferred Mercedes-Benz service partner and the fact that your Mercedes me Adapter is activated via a guided process in the app. The security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available. We have deliberately avoided a hardware solution with a separately integrated mobile-phone module as this would result in additional costs for the customer as well as the need for another contractual agreement. Furthermore, the customer has better control over data usage when using their smartphone and can change the settings as and when required.
Questions about co-use of the Mercedes me Adapter.
Questions about co-use of the Mercedes me Adapter.
As the main user of a vehicle with a Mercedes me Adapter, you can invite other people to become co-users of this vehicle using the co-user management function. Proceed as follows to do this:
Go to the Mercedes me portal, click on 'Your Vehicles' and select the relevant vehicle. Then click on "Manage Co-users" in the 'Mercedes me connect' section. You can use the 'Invite Co-user' function to send an invitation by entering an email address. You and the invited person will be informed by email. The invited co-user can accept the invitation by following the link included in the email.
The co-user must then reactivate the Adapter on their smartphone by disconnecting and reconnecting it. The Adapter can then be activated in the Mercedes me Adapter app using the 'Add New Vehicle' function.
Once the co-user has performed these steps, they can likewise use the Mercedes me Adapter with your vehicle.
Only the main user is able to invite co-users.
The main user must invite the co-user. The invited co-user must accept the invitation via the link in their email. The co-user likewise requires a Mercedes me user account and must download the Mercedes me Adapter app from the App Store or Google Play. One Mercedes me Adapter per vehicle for several users is sufficient.
The co-user must likewise activate the Adapter to use it. To do this, disconnect and reconnect the Mercedes me Adapter to link the co-user's smartphone to the Adapter. The vehicle can then be added in the app under 'Add New Vehicle'.
The co-user can use the full range of the Mercedes me Adapter app's functions. Their personal data (e.g. journey list) are stored solely on their smartphone and cannot be transferred. Only the main user receives the maintenance offers, and only the main user is able to invite other co-users and activate/deactivate the service.
At the end of the journey, the vehicle values shown on the "My Vehicle" page are saved in the backend and exchanged with the users.
The contents of "Parking & Locating", "Refuelling" and "My Journeys" are not synchronised. The determined location data in particular only remain locally on the smartphone on which they were recorded.
- the functions of vehicle systems are not impaired
- the starter battery cannot become discharged,
- no emission monitoring information is reset
Connecting the Mercedes me Adapter to the diagnostics socket always ensures that:
The Mercedes me Adapter may only be used in vehicles approved by Mercedes-Benz with the supported smartphones and operating systems. (These are listed in the 'Usage Prerequisites & Service Availability' section.)
The Mercedes me Adapter has been developed for permanent use in the relevant diagnostics socket and should remain connected there.
Please observe your home country's laws regarding the use of smartphones in the vehicle whilst driving.
Conversion or modification of the Mercedes me Adapter impairs functional safety and can have effects on your vehicle. Caution: risk of injury!
Never open the Mercedes me Adapter unless authorised to do so. Never perform repairs yourself!
Handle the Mercedes me Adapter with care. It can be damaged by shocks, impacts or dropping from even a low height.
Keep the Mercedes me Adapter away from moisture and extreme heat.
Never immerse the Mercedes me Adapter in water or other liquids. To clean it, use a damp cloth moistened with water. Never use aggressive cleaning agents (vinegar/lemon-based cleaners, scourers, limescale or nail varnish remover, all-purpose cleaners, neutral cleaners, white spirit, natural cleaners containing oil or similar) or abrasive brushes or sponges or similar cleaning aids to clean the Adapter.
Keep your Mercedes me Adapter and its accessories out of the reach of children. If any small parts are swallowed, seek medical assistance immediately. Risk of injury or even danger to life!
In the event of excessive heat generation by the smartphone, always check for proper functioning. If problems persist, please stop the app on your smartphone and contact your smartphone manufacturer.
Stow or attach the smartphone securely before each journey. Note that, in the event of sudden deceleration (braking), non-secured objects like smartphones can cause major risks, damage and injuries to both the vehicle occupants and other road users.
People with hearing aids or other devices with the BAHA® ("Bone Anchored Hearing Aid") label or "partially implanted" or "fully implanted" hearing aids may experience an increase in noise interference. Please contact your hearing aid manufacturer to discuss alternatives.
People with medical devices, e.g. pacemaker or defibrillator: when you use the Mercedes me Adapter, there is a radio link between your smartphone and the Adapter. The electromagnetic radiation can impair the functioning of a medical device. Risk of fatal injury! Before operating the Mercedes me Adapter, always ask your doctor or the medical device's manufacturer about any effects of the Mercedes me Adapter's emissions.
The use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited at filling stations. There is a risk of explosion as the battery can spring out of the mobile phone if it is dropped, and the sparks caused by this could ignite petrol fumes. It is prohibited to remove or insert the Mercedes me Adapter when the vehicle is in a refuelling area.
Refrain from any software re-engineering or logging/decompiling as well as any code tampering with regard to the Mercedes me Adapter and the app. Risk of injury!
Jail-broken smartphones (non-authorised removal of usage restrictions on the mobile operating systems of the smartphone manufacturers) are not supported and are generally excluded from usage.
Technical modifications, errors, omissions and deviations excepted!
Free and open source software.
Free and open source software.
- A. 'Microchip Products' means Microchip digital signal controllers.
- b. 'Licensee Products' means Licensee products that use or incorporate Microchip Products.
- c. 'Object Code' means the Software computer programming code that is in binary form (including related documentation, if any), and error corrections, improvements, modifications, and updates.
- D. 'Source Code' means the Software computer programming code that may be printed out or displayed in human readable form (including related programmer comments and documentation, if any), and error corrections, improvements, modifications, and updates.
- e. 'Third Party' means Licensee’s agents, representatives, consultants, clients, customers, or contract manufacturers.
- f. 'Third Party Products' means Third Party products that use or incorporate Microchip Products.
|1. AES256 byte-oriented AES-256 implementation. All lookup tables replaced with 'on the fly' calculations. Copyright © 2007-2011 Ilya O. Levin, http://www.literatecode.com Other contributors: Hal Finney Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGE WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.|
|2. Base64 Copyright © Trantor Standard Systems Inc., 2001 The MIT License Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the 'Software'), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: the above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.|
|3. CPU Test for PIC 33FJ128GP804 from Microchip Copyright © 2011 Microchip Technology Inc. and Microchip Technology (Barbados) II Inc. All rights reserved. Microchip Technology Inc. Software License Agreement MICROCHIP IS WILLING TO LICENSE THE ACCOMPANYING SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION TO YOU ONLY ON THE CONDITION THAT YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS. TO ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, CLICK 'I ACCEPT' AND PROCEED WITH THE DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE LICENSE TERMS, CLICK 'I DO NOT ACCEPT,' AND DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL THIS SOFTWARE. NON-EXCLUSIVE SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT This Non-exclusive Software License Agreement ('Agreement') is a contract between you, your heirs, successors and assigns ('Licensee') and Microchip Technology Incorporated, a Delaware corporation, with a principal place of business at 2355 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler, AZ 85224-6199, and its subsidiary, Microchip Technology (Barbados) II Incorporated (collectively, 'Microchip') for the accompanying Microchip software including, but not limited to, '16-bit CPU Self-Test Library', and/or any PC programs, and any updates thereto (collectively, the 'Software'), and accompanying documentation, including images and any other graphic resources provided by Microchip ('Documentation').
1. Definitions. As used in this Agreement, the following capitalized terms will have the meanings defined below:
2. Software License Grant. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Microchip grants strictly to the Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to: a. use the Software in connection with Licensee Products and/or Third Party Products; b. if Source Code is provided, modify the Software, provided that no Open Source Components (defined in Section 5 below) are incorporated into such Software in such a way that would affect Microchip’s right to distribute the Software with the limitations set forth herein and provided that the Licensee clearly notifies Third Parties regarding such modifications; c. distribute the Software to Third Parties for use in Third Party Products, so long as such Third Party agrees to be bound by this Agreement (in writing or by 'click to accept') and this Agreement accompanies such distribution; and d. sublicense to a Third Party to use the Software, so long as such Third Party agrees to be bound by this Agreement (in writing or by 'click to accept').
3. Documentation License Grant. Microchip grants strictly to the Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the Documentation in support of the Licensee's authorized use of the Software
4. Third Party Requirements. The Licensee acknowledges that it is the Licensee’s responsibility to comply with any third party license terms or requirements applicable to the use of such third party software, specifications, systems, or tools. Microchip is not responsible and will not be held responsible in any manner for the Licensee’s failure to comply with such applicable terms or requirements.
5. Open Source Components. Notwithstanding the license granted in Section 1 above, the Licensee further acknowledges that certain components of the Software may be covered by so-called 'open source' software licenses ('Open Source Components'). Open Source Components means any software licenses approved as open source licenses by the Open Source Initiative or any substantially similar licenses, including without limitation any license that, as a condition of distribution of the software licensed under such license, requires that the distributor makes the software available in source code format. To the extent required by the licenses covering Open Source Components, the terms of such license will apply in lieu of the terms of this Agreement. To the extent the terms of the licenses applicable to Open Source Components prohibit any of the restrictions in this Agreement with respect to such Open Source Components, such restrictions will not apply to such Open Source Components.
6. Licensee Obligations. The Licensee will not: (i) engage in unauthorized use, modification, disclosure or distribution of Software or Documentation, or its derivatives; (ii) use all or any section of the Software, Documentation, or its derivatives except in conjunction with Microchip Products or Third Party Products; or (iii) reverse engineer (by disassembly, decompilation or otherwise) Software or any segments thereof. The Licensee may not remove or alter any Microchip copyright or other proprietary rights notice posted in any segment of the Software or Documentation. The Licensee will defend, indemnify, and prevent Microchip and its subsidiaries from damage resulting from and against any and all claims, costs, damage, expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees), liabilities, and losses, including without limitation product liability claims, directly or indirectly arising from or related to the use, modification, disclosure or distribution of the Software, Documentation, or any intellectual property rights related thereto; (ii) the use, sale and distribution of Licensee Products or Third Party Products; and (iii) breach of this Agreement.
7. Confidentiality. The Licensee agrees that the Software (including but not limited to the Source Code, Object Code, and library files) and its derivatives, Documentation and underlying inventions, algorithms, know-how and ideas relating to the Software and the Documentation are proprietary information belonging to Microchip and its licensors ('Proprietary Information'). Except as expressly and unambiguously allowed herein, the Licensee will hold in confidence and not use or disclose any Proprietary Information and will similarly bind involved employees and Third Party(ies) in writing. Proprietary Information will not include information that: (i) is in or enters the public domain without breach of this Agreement and through no fault of the receiving party; (ii) the receiving party was legally in possession prior to receiving it; (iii) the receiving party can demonstrate that it was developed by the receiving party independently and without use of or reference to the disclosing party's Proprietary Information; or (iv) the receiving party receives it from a third party without restriction on disclosure. If the Licensee is required to disclose Proprietary Information by law, court order, or government agency, the Licensee will give Microchip prompt notice of such requirement in order to allow Microchip to object to or limit such disclosure. The Licensee agrees that the provisions of this Agreement regarding unauthorized use and non-disclosure of the Software, Documentation and related Proprietary Rights are necessary to protect the legitimate business interests of Microchip and its licensors and that monetary damage alone cannot adequately compensate Microchip or its licensors if such provisions are violated. The Licensee, therefore, agrees that if Microchip alleges that the Licensee or Third Party has breached or violated such provisions then Microchip will have the right to injunctive relief, without the requirement for the posting of a bond, in addition to all other legal or monetary remedies.
8. Ownership of Proprietary Rights. Microchip and its licensors retain all rights, titles and interest in and to the Software and Documentation including, but not limited to all patents, copyright, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights in the Software, Documentation, and underlying technology, and all copies and derivative works thereof (produced by whomever). Licensee and Third Party use of such modifications and derivatives is limited to the license rights described in the relevant sections this Agreement.
9. Termination of Agreement. Without prejudice to any other rights, this Agreement terminates immediately, without notice by Microchip, upon a failure by the Licensee or Third Party to comply with any provisions of this Agreement. Upon termination, the Licensee and Third Party will immediately stop using the Software, Documentation, and derivatives thereof, and immediately destroy all such copies.
10. Warranty Disclaimers. THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MICROCHIP AND ITS LICENSORS ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR APPLICATION OF THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION. MICROCHIP AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET REQUIREMENTS OF THE LICENSEE OR THIRD PARTY, BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. MICROCHIP AND ITS LICENSORS HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO CORRECT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE.
11. Limited Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL MICROCHIP OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE OR OBLIGATED UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OR EXPENSES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, TECHNOLOGY, SERVICES, OR ANY CLAIMS BY THIRD PARTIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DEFENCE THEREOF), OR OTHER SIMILAR COSTS. The aggregate and cumulative liability of Microchip and its licensors for damage hereunder will in no event exceed $1000 or the amount the Licensee paid Microchip for the Software and Documentation, whichever is greater. The Licensee acknowledges that the foregoing limitations are reasonable and an essential part of this Agreement.
12. General. THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ARIZONA AND THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LEGAL PROVISIONS. The Licensee agrees that any disputes arising from or related to this Agreement, Software or Documentation will be brought to the courts of the State of Arizona. This Agreement will constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. It will not be modified except by a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Microchip. If any provision of this Agreement will be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. No waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement will constitute a waiver of any prior, concurrent or subsequent breach of the same or any other provisions hereof, and no waiver will be effective unless made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the waiving party. The Licensee agrees to comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of the Department of Commerce or other United States or foreign agency or authority. The indemnities, obligations of confidentiality, and limitations on liability described herein, and any right of action for breach of this Agreement prior to termination, will be valid beyond the termination of this Agreement. Any prohibited assignment shall be null and void. Use, duplication or disclosure by the United States Government is subject to restrictions set forth in subparagraphs (a) through (d) of the Commercial Computer-Restricted Rights clause of FAR 52.227-19 when applicable, or in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013, and in similar clauses in the NASA FAR Supplement. Contractor/manufacturer is Microchip Technology Inc., 2355 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler, AZ 85224-6199. If the Licensee has any questions about this Agreement, they shall write to Microchip Technology Inc., 2355 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler, AZ 85224-6199 USA. ATTN: Marketing. Copyright (c) 2011 Microchip Technology Inc. and Microchip Technology (Barbados) II Inc. All rights reserved. License Rev. No. 04-091511 License Rev. No. 01-101111
|4. CRC-16 Georges Menie Copyright © 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved. (http://www.menie.org/georges/embedded/) BSD License|
|5. SHA-2 Copyright © 2000-2001, Aaron D. Gifford * All rights reserved. http://www.aarongifford.com/computers/sha.html BSD License|
|6. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software must display the following acknowledgement: This product includes software developed by the organization. 4. Neither the name of the organization nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY COPYRIGHT HOLDER ''AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.|